Tuesday, October 1, 2013

For the sunflowers

Every week this summer I have gone to the farmer's market with a dollar bill in exchange for a stalky, brilliant sunflower (or two). This became an unexpected ritual. I've never been much into buying flowers but I've conceded--- I do not have a garden.  Flowers in a bottle really do make a difference! 
Rain spattered down upon our faithful vendors this past week at the market and the teddy bear sunflowers were browning around the edges. Autumn has arrived and I believe this is the end for my beloved girassois, at least in their petalled form. 
 Sunflowers are a habitat for unlikely creatures, like my moth friend above.
I have named this blog in their honor. 
If you look, you can see them everywhere!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful writing dear daughter! so glad you are safely in England. enjoy the train or bus up to Wales.
    love mama

    ReplyDelete